"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Monday, July 18, 2016

Numbers, Days...God already has it worked out for us...

Last night Rowan asked me what my life goal was.  I told him that it was to help get him as healthy as possible.  He said, "Hm...mine is to discover God's plan for us all."  I told him that was a great  goal, and that I agreed that it's neat to watch His plan unfold.  Then he reminded me about the devotional we had read just a few days ago.  He said, "One day at a time Mom, one day at a time.  Remember, that's how God wants it, and He already has it worked out for us anyway."

Here is the devotional...


I thought it was a very poignant devotional, especially given what we are facing right now.  Numbers and days are such an integral part of transplant.  Rowan is currently at day -17.  Rowan will get admitted this Saturday, day -12.  Then he will start chemo and conditioning for 12 days. August 4th will be his "day zero"- where he gets his new stem cells, and then we starting counting, day +1, day +2, day +3, etc. Day +100 will be the most important milestone after that, but he will still have many precautions and restrictions until at least a full year post transplant.  I have already been focused on those numbered days, they are mentioned in every appointment and at every meeting.  Rowan reminded me though, that God divided time into days for a reason...to make it easier for us.  So, I will take this transplant one day at a time, I will pay attention to that day (and yes, it will have a number), but I will not worry about the next day or the next number.  One day at a time. 



Ok, Rowan.  One day at a time.

Ok, God.  One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. He is such a special person. Much more mature and wise than his years.

    ReplyDelete