"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"It gets better!"



In memory of Timothy Price,
my brother-in-law's brother, who took his life in 2009, 6 years ago today.



"It gets better."

I had planned to do this post about a week ago, but God had different plans.  He had me writing all of the posts about Jalene last week instead.  Then today, I realized it was the 6 year anniversary of Tim's death...no better time to share what Rowan has been involved with recently.

Rowan was cast in a short film last October/November.  Here are some pictures of him on the first day of the shoot.  Yes, he had to wear glasses, and have his hair and eyebrows dyed dark brown:)



The film is called, "It gets better."  It is an anti-bullying, suicide prevention film and tour.  Rowan plays young Jeff in the film, a young boy who tries to defend and befriend a little girl who is being picked on.  He had the opportunity to work with the amazing creator Nadine Mansour...


 and the fabulous Mark Aaron behind the camera...



 (Who even let Rowan try to hold the camera himself.)


(After which, Rowan said, "Wow, that's heavy.  I think I like it better in front of the camera.")


Nadine's goal is to get this film into schools in San Antonio, and across the country, hopefully during October of this year, for National Bullying Prevention Month.  The film is in California being scored right now, and we are excited to see the finished product soon!  

Rowan had a blast during filming...



 and so much fun doing the photo shoot for the movie poster a couple of weeks ago too...








However, there is so much more to it than that.  This is a project that we are beyond honored to be involved with on a personal level.  The message is so important.  The lives lost, so unnecessary.  The prospect of hope that this film's message shares, is so needed.

Now, it obviously takes money to complete a project like this, and hard work and connections to get it to the right people, who can help get it into schools, where it needs to be.  I am doing this post, first to share these precious photos of Rowan and to document his involvement for when he is older, but also to ask you to consider donating to the crowdrise fund below, which will help "It gets better" get into schools across Texas and eventually across the country.  If you cannot give financially yourself, but you can share this on social media, that would also be greatly appreciated.  Or maybe you know someone who may be able to help the project financially, or who has connections to get it into schools.  If you do, let me know, so I can connect them with Nadine.


The link to make donations to the project is:



THE STORY:


Hey friends,

Thanks for stopping by! My name is Nadine and I want to make a short film about not fitting in, bullying, depression and suicide prevention. I know sad topic... But wait, it will get better with your help! Me and my band just released a CD called "I'm Still Here" and want to come to your school to show you the film and sing you a couple of tunes! I know this is a topic nobody likes to talk about, but my hope is to help someone... maybe you, your friend or someone you know who might be struggling silently. Anything will help from $1 to a million your choice :) Thanks again for being a part and spreading the love! We couldn't do it without you!



Nadine,
Thank you for your big heart, beautiful soul, amazing voice and other God-given talents, your friendship and your vision.  I hope you, Rowan and the rest of the cast and crew can get the message out there: That it really does get better!


Who knows, how many bullies can be stopped, 
how many children and adults can be protected, 
how much despair can be ended, 
how much hope can be spread...

... how many lives can be saved...

For us, this is for your friends and family, Tim.
 I just wish it wasn't too late for you.  
I wish you would have seen that it could be better.
Rest in Peace friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment