"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Monday, August 17, 2015

Be still, and know that I am God...

Here is Rowan's Bible verse picture for the day...


He says that the picture he drew is himself, taking a deep breath as he walked up to Chrissie's casket. 

I didn't tell him what to draw.  This is simply how he interpreted this Psalm, all on his own.

Rowan explained it to me, saying that he was a little nervous, so he prayed for God to calm him down.  Then, he says God reminded him that Chrissie was with him in Heaven, and that God is always with him too.  

Of course this is a beautiful message, but what blows me away even more is that Rowan was only 3 years old when he saw Chrissie's body in her casket...3!  I am amazed that he immediately chose this particular moment of his life to draw, in order to explain what this Psalm means to him.  And it is a perfect example!

What a scary time it is when someone dies.  It's normal for us as adults to cry, be sad, question God, or even get angry.  But, Rowan, at the age of 9, remembers how God calmed him at the age of 3, during a friend's funeral service, like he was telling him: "Be still and know that I am God!"


Here are two pictures of Rowan as we drove away from Chrissie's funeral that day.  He is holding one of the pink balloons from her Celebration of Life.  Look at his smile.  He definitely left with peace and joy in his heart, not sadness.




I pray this blesses some of you as it has blessed me tonight, and I hope it reminds you to take a deep breath and remember Psalm 46.

No comments:

Post a Comment