"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"I'm gonna tell Jesus I got the message"

It's getting really close...the 3rd Annual Rowan's Smokehouse at Copa Wine Bar, to benefit Kidd's Kids, is this Saturday, from 11 am to 3 pm.  The price is $20 per adult or $50 for a family of 4 (+$5 for each additional child).  As we mentioned earlier, there will be BBQ plates, Rowan's ginger lemonade, wine, etc.  Rowan will also be signing autographed photos and original art/paintings, for donations to Kidd's Kids.  The art will be on sale for $5 a piece, and every penny goes to help chronically and terminally ill children and their families go to Disney World, along with 50 other families, for a 5 day trip of a lifetime.  

I wanted to give you a sneak peak of a few more of the special pieces of art that Rowan has been hard at work on the past few days...

This one has a special story.  The night before last, Rowan started painting these crosses on the canvas, and then he told me that he was going to make the middle one the cross Jesus died on.  He added a cream colored stick figure on the cross, and then started dotting it with red for the blood.  I said, "Isn't that a little graphic?"  To which he quickly responded, "Isn't it pretty important though? I mean he did die for us."  How can I argue with that.  

I didn't catch a picture of the painted canvas, but this is the first pressing he did of it,
and something very cool happened (of course)...Look closely at the center of the cross.  


 There is a heart shape right in the middle of the cross!  And it is an absence of paint, not painted there.  It's like the paint just didn't stick to the paper there in the center of the heart.  On his canvas painting it was a solid red blob, just a splotch.  But this print turned out so cool.  And Rowan got so excited.  He told me, "If I dream of Heaven again tonight, I'm going to tell Jesus I got the message tonight."  So sweet.


Here are a couple more he made tonight.


I love the heart on this one...


As you can see, he is really working hard.  He is hoping that a lot of people will want to donate to Kidd's Kids, and want to have a piece of his original artwork.  He presses each original painting 4-5 times, so there will be several copies in each theme.  The cool thing is that no two pressings turn out exactly alike though, so the result is a very cool assortment.  He says that he will let people choose the painting they want, on a first come, first serve basis.


He has lots more color schemes planned for his paintings the next couple days.  I'm sure they will be just as beautiful, and I hope there are some more "messages" that turn up in them.


Come get yours Saturday if you can:)
Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I live in Los Angeles but would love to purchase one if possible. My email is siby12@sbcglobal.net. Let me know if we can arrange that somehow. Bless you precious Rowan.

    ReplyDelete