"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Sasquatch in Fredericksburg? Thank you Rowan!

This weekend I was able to get away with a friend for a few days in Fredericksburg.  Neither of us had been able to get much sleep lately and were just looking for a quiet retreat.  I arrived at the cabin first and as I looked around the room I noticed the guest book.  I opened it up to a random page and started smiling, almost immediately, as I read it...


If you know anything about Rowan at all, you know how much he loved looking for Big Foot. 




It was one of his very favorite past times in Seattle whenever he was not in the hospital...because Washington was so "Squatchy", as he would say. 




He had big dreams to go squatchin' with Bobo and Ranae from finding Big Foot, and with his buddy Khale someday.

I loved reading that one of the guests who had stayed in this particular cabin thought they saw a Sasquatch here. (The entry was from just days after Rowan passed away too:).  All I could think about was how excited that would have made Rowan if he were staying with me here this weekend himself.

Thanks for the sign Rowan.  Tonight, I think I'll sit out on the porch swing of this cabin, with a glass of wine, and keep my eyes and ears peeled for Big Foot...in your honor buddy.






By the way, if anyone is ever in the Fredericksburg area, looking for a quaint, quiet, nicely finished out cabin, to relax and enjoy the Texas Hill Country...try Vineyard Trail Cottages. 





I love you and I miss you Rowan....every bit of you!
Right down to your fabulous squatchin' rain boots...


I've had 81 days without you...
but you've had 81 days with Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment