"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Monday, March 13, 2017

I hope you can see the Bluebonnets from heaven...

Rowan loved bluebonnet season so much.  It was his favorite time of year. I can still hear his sweet little voice saying, "I can't wait for Fwing to get here, so we can see all the bluebonnets." 

This picture popped up on my Facebook memories this week...


...his sweet little hand cradling a single bluebonnet 3 years ago. 

It reminded me of a million different photos I took of him every year along Texas roadsides, in patches or fields of bluebonnets.  It was more than tradition...it was life.




After Rowan's first transplant failed, and we explained that we would have to start completely over, Rowan knew that meant he would be in Seattle much longer than we originally planned.  I told him, "It's ok Rowan, even if we do another transplant, we should still be home in time for the bluebonnets."  We were...but not the way I thought we would be. 

These bluebonnets popped up in my yard a week or so ago...



I had made it home in time to see them after all, but not Rowan.  Baby boy, I hope there are bluebonnets all over Heaven (I'm sure there are), and I hope that you can see all the specks of blue from the bluebonnets down here too. 

I will never see another one without thinking of you...because this is one of the ways I imagine it looked, when you  entered Heaven...





1 comment:

  1. I too will now think of Rowan when I see bluebonnets! Along with beautiful orange sunrises and sunsets, now dear sweet Rowan will come across my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete