"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Friday, August 19, 2016

Day +14: Saying goodbye to Dad and Ian..."but just for a little bit".

Rowan and I left Texas for Seattle 49 days ago. We have been in the hospital now for 27 days now so far.  Luckily, Brian and Ian were able to be here with us for the past 30 days, and Zoe visited for a little bit too.  It was hard watching Zoe leave to go back home, and today Brian and Ian left to do the same.  Ian starts school next week, and Brian needs to get back to work.  Rowan and I will still have 3-4 months here though.  It won't be easy, being 2000+ miles away again, but we have to do what we have to do.  One thing is for sure, we made lots of memories while we were all here together, and we can't wait to make many, many more once Rowan is healthy, strong, and we are all back home in Texas, together again.

Brian and Ian have been awesome helpers.  I stay bedside 24-7 with Rowan, and they come visit every day.  But more than that, they bring me food, take our laundry, bring it back washed and folded, play Legos and MineCraft with Rowan every day, give Rowan a break from me:), etc.  And Ian accompanied me on some very important trips to Seattle Cancer Alliance: to get my central line put in, to receive several of my gcsf shots, and while I had peripheral blood stem cells collected for Rowan.  Brian stayed with Rowan during those visits, and Ian came with me, kept me company, and played Sudoku with me. 

Here are some of my favorite pictures from their time up here with us...






 




I'll even miss watching them sleep...




Today, they went home.  They gave Rowan a few more things to remind him of them, and they gave him lots of hugs and kisses.  Without a doubt we will miss them, just as we have missed Zoe, but I am so proud of how well our family has dealt with all of this. And I know, we can get through the rest of it too.




3 comments:

  1. In our prayers for safe travels. Handsome men there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are amazing! keeping rowan in my prayers! my son was diagnosed with one copy of the SDS gene. still learning about it and following your family's journey has touched my heart! :) go rowan!!! he's sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you all!!! Family first!!! Thinking of you all!!!

    ReplyDelete