"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Sunday, October 18, 2015

This is what joy looks like:)

Yesterday, Rowan had the chance to get together with one of his fellow hospital buddies, Charlotte.  He had big big plans for the day.  He even asked me to call her Dad the night before and see if we could pick her up earlier because he was afraid they wouldn't have enough time together.  Well, we did get her earlier, and they had a blast, but they did not get to finish everything on the list.  When you look at these pictures, you won't see anything missing though.  Instead, you will probably see a perfect day...I know I do.  It was a beautiful, sunny day, and these two precious kids, battling some pretty difficult stuff, got to enjoy it outside together for a change.  Even if they didn't complete their wish list...I still call it a win!  And I say: "This is what joy looks like."  


Spreading out the blanket for the picnic in Landa Park...


The food is all ready...


Blessing their food...


Charlotte's pbj...


Rowan's potato chips...



After they ate, it was straight to the playground...












These two may be my favorites...



Next up, was riding the train through Landa Park...





They couldn't wait to give their tickets to the conductor.




We were supposed to feed the ducks next, but they decided to forgo that so they would have more time to play at home...

with Castles, Pirate ships, Legos, and AT-AT...





Unfortunately, they had to break away from all that fun, and head to Rowan's soccer game...



Charlotte and I worked another little lego set during the game...


as we cheered Rowan on from the sidelines...


This little spunky girl kept me so entertained:)


Charlotte couldn't wait to go congratulate Rowan on his win after the game!




After the game, it was time to return Charlotte to her parents.
They started plotting their next get-together before she even left the car...


...and then told her Mom, "I don't want to go home!"


Well, Charlotte...we didn't want you to go home either sweetheart:)

I wish everyone could have been there with Charlotte and Rowan on Saturday.  I'm telling you, people walking through the park stopped to smile at these two, strangers at a company picnic in the pavilion next to us stood a few feet away and beamed from ear to ear looking at how happy these two looked.  I was honored and privileged to share their picnic blanket, ride in the seat behind them on the train,  listen to their giggles, and to photograph such beautiful precious memories.  My advice to you: make a play date with a friend, or better yet, tag along and photograph your little ones doing so.  I'm pretty sure I enjoyed the day more than they did, and I know for a fact that I witnessed pure joy...in their smiles, giggles, hand-holding, and even in their crazy faces.  Can't wait for the next play date:)


1 comment: