"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Back to the Empty Cross... we found "Hope"

Today Rowan's home nurse of 7+ years, Cindy, and I went to Kerrville so I could show her the Empty Cross.  I know I've posted pictures of the cross before, but it was such a beautiful day and we shared such a special time there, that I decided to share the ones I took today too.  Rowan was all around us...even from the moment we walked up...

As we walked up the hill towards the gardens, path and sculptures, this is the first thing that caught my eye...


We walked the path toward the new sculpture and it was so beautiful.  




Everything there is.





One of the first prayer rocks that I noticed along the path was this one... something Rowan was known to say often.


There were hearts everywhere, as always.  Rowan always pointed out hearts... even in a stains or wounds.  Now I find them daily.





We found the stone plaque that the Guardians of the Children had made for Rowan on their memorial ride out there months ago.  The Texas sun has weathered it, but it still looks beautiful, and is so special to our family.




Cindy and I each wrote our own prayers on several rocks, and placed them along the path with the others.  Here are just a few of mine...


A fellow transplant buddy Luke is home on hospice spending his last days surrounded by his loved ones.  He will soon be in Heaven with Rowan.  Please pray for his family as they pass him into God's hands.


Two of Rowan's angel friends have birthdays this weekend.  Please pray for their families, as special days like birthdays and holidays are so hard for those missing loved ones.  They both died on the same day, May 19th, but Chrissie passed 8 years ago and Olivia just 4 1/2 months ago.



We also saw butterflies flying all around us...Rowan's favorite color, orange.


If you have never been, I highly suggest you drive to Kerrville sometime, and visit The Empty Cross.  It is peaceful, beautiful and powerful.


Thank you for going with me Cindy.  It was so special.  I love you.



And Rowan, we both love and miss you so much too, but thank you for the signs today...even the literal sign "Hope".










No comments:

Post a Comment