"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Yarn giraffes, paper mache bowls, and joy...


I realize that a lot of my posts lately have been about me spending time with Rowan's dear friend Charlotte. I have a lot of other blog posts to catch up on too, but for some reason the Charlotte ones are the easiest for me to get done.  Tonight I realized that reason they are easy to write, is that when I spend time with Charlotte, I experience joy...and quite honestly, joy has been hard to come by since Rowan passed.  I also feel Rowan's presence when I am with her.  When she laughs, I hear him laugh with her.  When she encourages me sweetly, I hear him encouraging me too.  It is a beautiful thing. 

Today, we had another one of our playdates.  We did two art projects this time.  We did not finish either of them.  But we both agreed that that was fine, because it meant that I had to come back even sooner to finish them both.  As always, we had a blast.  We laughed, we shared puns, we talked, we planned our next projects, etc.  The pictures below will show you how precious she is, and how priceless our time together is.  I don't know what I'd do without it right now.  I am so grateful for her presence in Rowan's life, and my own.

First we started a paper mache bowl...










Then we realized that it needed to sit for 5 days before it hardened and we sealed the inside of bowl to complete it.  

So, we started a second art project, yarn giraffes...



 



She made the small cardboard giraffe and I made the larger one.  Charlotte said that they could be her and Rowan.  Then she put one of Rowan's memory cards by them and took a few pictures.  I love how we talk about him every time we are together.  Not in a sad way...we just talk about him.  About his favorite color (orange), his favorite animal (hippo), different places Rowan and Charlotte spent time together (Build-a-bear, the Zoo, the Do-Seum, the hospital play room, etc.).






As I mentioned, we didn't get time to finish the yarn giraffes either, but I think we were off to a pretty good start.


When it was time for me to leave, she reminded me that we needed to do our traditional "selfies" and her "crazy face" pictures.  Then we threw the yarn all over our faces!




She wanted me to do the crazy face picture today too, so of course I did...


To say I love this precious little girl, doesn't even say enough...sweetest thing ever.  I love spending time with her.  I hope she never gets tired of me, because I need her in my life.


Love you Charlotte!
See you soon:)



1 comment:

  1. She has such a beautiful smile. I don't even know her but she brightens my day!

    ReplyDelete