"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

"I miss her already..."

Rowan doesn't always get to spend a lot of time with friends, but when he does, he definitely makes the most of it.  Before we head up to Seattle for the next 4-6 months, I've tried to make sure he could get together with as many of them as possible. This past Sunday he had a very special playdate...with his beautiful friend from the hospital, Charlotte.  Thanks to Jaxon's Frogs Foundation, they were able to go to Build-a-bear together and make stuffed animals, then we went to one of Rowan's favorite French fry places...Dickey's BBQ, and to round out the day, I took them to the "Doseum" Children's Museum.  I will let the pictures do most of the talking, because these two together are two of the most photogenic children I have ever seen.  These two little fighters have hearts of gold, and they shine bright through their smiles... and their eyes...I just have no words.  This playdate will down in the books as one of my top favorites of all time.  I enjoyed following them around, listening to their giggles, and snapping all of these precious photos.  I hope I captured their bond...I think I did.


Build-a-bear



































Dickey's BBQ









The Doseum






































Saying Goodbye...




See what I mean...those smiles, those eyes, those souls...so beautiful to witness.  They really had a good time together.  Thank you again to Jaxon's Frogs Foundation for the private Build-a-bear experience.  Charlotte made a pink bear named "Donut Sprinkles" and Rowan made a longhorn named "Cutie Bevo Windham".  The best part though, is that they each recorded their voice and put it inside each other's stuffed animal.  If you squeeze Rowan's longhorn hoof you hear sweet Charlotte saying "I miss you Rowan".  If you squeeze Charlotte's bear's stomach, you hear Rowan's voice saying, "I miss you Charlotte".  It makes me want to cry, they are so sweet!

When we left Charlotte's house I only got about a mile away before her Dad called to let me know Rowan had left something there at their house, so we turned around real quick and went back.  As I pulled back into their driveway, Charlotte was on the front porch and yelled, "Rowan! You're back from your great adventure already?!" And laughed and yelled back, "Yes, and I'm all healed now!"  It was adorable.  They are adorable.  And as we left once again, Rowan told me, "I miss her already."

I hope you all have friends like that...that you miss even before they're gone. 


Friends like Rowan and Charlotte.







No comments:

Post a Comment