"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Monday, June 27, 2016

"I made a wish for me, Roman, and all of my other friends who are sick..."

This past weekend we had the amazing opportunity to meet up with a family whose young son battles many of the same health conditions that Rowan does.  We are Facebook friends, have chatted online, and supported each other from afar for quite some time now, but we had never had the opportunity to meet them in person.  They were visiting family in Austin this weekend, so we seized the day and drove up to meet them and have lunch together.  What a tremendous blessing it was too!

The whole drive up, Rowan was so excited.  He kept telling me, "I can't wait to meet him, we have so much in common.  I can't wait to see him when he's a little older too though, like when he's old enough to understand our disease, so I can teach him things about it.  Maybe I will be healed by then, then I could really give him hope.  I hope he never has to go through as bad of things as me."

While we waited for them to arrive, Rowan was so excited.  He just kept looking around for them.  He was about to jump out of his skin. 


He wore his Be Brave Eggroll #TeamRoman t-shirt of course.

We had a great lunch together, shared stories, encouraged each other, and just enjoyed the company of people who understand what these brave little kiddos deal with on a daily basis.  Zoe met us for lunch too, as did Nicole's husband, brother and a friend.  None of them could believe that it was the first time we had met.  It just felt like we had known them all of our lives. 



(It was so cool that Peter showed up wearing one of Rowan's shirts too, just like Rowan wearing Roman's:)


Rowan adored Roman! Especially after he saw that Roman could eat French fries too (one of the very few foods that are okay for Rowan).


Rowan read a book to him after they ate and you could just tell that he felt like a big brother to Roman. It was so precious.





It was hard to pull ourselves away, but with me needing to pack for Seattle and them having plans that night, we had to.  After a few quick pictures, we parted ways. 



On the way back to the car, Rowan noticed a fluffy white dandelion in the grass.  He asked me if he could pick it and make a wish.  He took his time making the wish and blowing the flower into the wind.  Then he smiled really big and said "I made a wish for me, Roman, and all of my other friends who are sick...I wished that we would all be healed... together."







I second that wish Rowan, and I know lots and lots of other people are hoping and praying for that very same thing for you all.

Thanks for lunch Michael, Nicole, Peter, Lia and Roman. Thanks for your perfect gifts, for your friendship, your support and for allowing us into your lives. 



I can't wait to watch these two precious boys grow old together, and to show them this picture someday of the first time they met...


...two brave warriors, who will hopefully be healed...together, by then!

1 comment:

  1. I added Roman to my prayer list a few weeks ago. Watching Rowan with Baby Roman shows what loving devoted siblings Ian and Zoe are to my little hero, Rowan. God bless Rowan, his siblings, Ian and Zoe, parents Brian, and Carrie Ann, extended family, and friends in the name of your name of your Son Jesus,I pray Amen.

    ReplyDelete