"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Friday, December 5, 2014

"Tell her Mom that Heaven is really fun...and we played tag."

It happened again...

Last night as we were getting ready for bed, Rowan walked into the bedroom and saw the quilt I had been working on.  It is one made from some special clothes that belonged to his Angel friend in Heaven, Chrissie.  I am making it for her Mommy to give to Chrissie's new little sister Ruby for Christmas.  Rowan came up and touched it and said  "I miss Chrissie, I 'm going to try to dream about her tonight."  He said that he likes to see her in his dreams because it shows him what Heaven is going to be like.  It brought tears to my eyes, and I prayed he would get his wish.  As I covered him up he told me that he couldn't wait to fall asleep.

Well, in the middle of the night I woke up to hear him giggling in his sleep.  Not just one little chuckle, he was a full on giggle box.  It happened off and on for about 30 minutes.  Twice I grabbed my phone to try to video him, but he quieted each time I started to record.  Then, as soon as I plugged my phone back in to charge, he started up again.  It was ADORABLE, such a treasured sound.  I can't even adequately describe the joyfulness I was hearing, and I couldn't help but wonder if I was witnessing his wish come true.

I was gone most of the day today, but this afternoon I talked to him about it.  I told him how much he was laughing in his sleep last night, and asked him if he remembered why he was laughing.  He thought for a moment and then got a big big smile, and believe it or not (I myself do), he said he was dreaming of Chrissie.  He said "Oh yeah, we were playing and having a good time in my dream."  I asked him if he could tell me what his dream looked like.  He said that he couldn't remember everything exactly, but he remembers that the sun was really bright and they were playing tag outside in a field.  I told him I couldn't wait to tell her Mommy, and he said "Make sure you tell her that Chrissie is doing good and that Heaven is really fun!"

I don't really even know what to add... I mean, you cannot help but be moved by this special connection God has given Rowan and Chrissie.  I am forever grateful to get to witness it, blessed and overjoyed to share it with her Momma, and honored to get to share it with you all as well.   I hope it speaks to you.  I hope you are encouraged.  I also hope some of you get to giggle in your sleep tonight:)
 
Not only is Heaven real, it's really fun apparently too!



I wish I had a picture of what he saw in his dream last night, oh boy I wish I did, but since I don't, here are a few other special ones that show their unique connection...
 




Princess Chrissie

 

Rowan with the special Pink Balloon he left Chrissie's Celebration of Life with...
 
Rowan touching Chrissie's Leaf on the Memory Tree at Methodist Children's Hospital.  He goes and gives it a kiss whenever he is visiting the hospital.  He knows right where her leaf is and even told us once that he wanted to be on the leaf next to her's one day...
 
 


 
Rowan wearing his Boss Your Heart T-shirt...it has Chrissie's hand print on it, and he loves to put his hand on hers...
Rowan with Lorraine, Chrissie's Mommy.  He has a special connection with her too, obviously:)
 
 
 
 And finally, one of the most powerful pictures we have of Rowan at Chrissie's gravesite. (It is completely unedited.) When I uploaded this photo originally, Rowan looked at it and immediately pointed at the light or aura surrounding him and told us that Chrissie was shining down on him from Heaven.

 
 
 
The proof of God's presence and plan is written all over these pictures.  I hope you see it too:)
 
Keep playing tag and having fun in Heaven Chrissie!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment