"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Saturday, November 3, 2012

You told me you'd never force me to do anything Mommy...but thank you!

Rowan started out Halloween morning not feeling very good, not really excited about participating in the hospital's Halloween trick or treat event, not even wanting to get his costume on or go out of his room. He cried when we tried to get him excited about it, and asked us to just please let him rest. He said he'd wait until next year. I guess everyone is entitled to a grumpy day, but as you know, this was very unlike Rowan. We knew his spirits would be lifted if he did get out of the hospital bed and trick or treat around the hospital halls though, so we MADE him do it anyway.
Here is Rowan early in the day..not a happy camper.
Here he is when we tried to get him to put on his costume. He wouldn't, so we just laid it on top of him.
Once he dressed up as Michaelangelo the Ninja Turtle, and once he was up and in the wheelchair, Rowan's frown turned to a smile though and he had a great time trick or treating with his brother Ian, Mom and Dad, and his best buddy Logan.
The Hospital Staff did a great job dressing up, decorating, and hosting fun activities for the kids. Our wing was Super Hero themed, and around the corner was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Here are some pictures of the event.
(Willy Wonka's Bubble Room/Fizzy Lifting Drinks:-)
Once back in his room, tucked back in his bed, Rowan told me "You said you'd never force me to do anything Mommy...but thank you! I know that was for my own good. Can I sleep now?"
Rowan had wanted to have "Bed or Treat", where people came to him in his hospital room and he passed out candy, since we missed the "Trunk or Treat" event at Zoe's school. Thank you to ALL the great family and friends who came to visit Rowan, many of whom dressed up for him. We love and appreciate you all, and he was blessed to have so many visitors! I didn't get pictures of everyone, but here are pictures of a few.
And last but not least...some of my all time favorite visitors:
(My brother Ian)
(Cindy the Therapy "Horse & Cowboy" Dog)
Hope everyone had a fun Halloween. Glad we "forced" Rowan to have one:-) And thank you to everyone who helped us cheer him up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carrie,
    Your boy Rowan is really an amazing fellow! So happy to hear the surgery went well and that he was able to spend Halloween with his favourite people and dog.

    Rowan, you have the best smile ever. Get better very soon. You are the best Ninja Turtle I've ever seen - Michaelangelo was always my favourite!
    XJudy

    ReplyDelete