"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"You shouldn't always have to do everything for me Mommy, so look, I hooked myself up for you tonight!"

This one will be short and sweet. I told Rowan it was time for bed and 10 minutes later after I went up to the bedroom this is what I found...
I asked him what he was doing and he said "You shouldn't always have to do everything for me Mommy, so look, I hooked myself up for you tonight!"
He had turned on his oxygen concentrator, put on his nasal canula oxygen, turned on his pulse-oximeter, put the pulse-ox probe on his toe, connected his g-tube extension and feeding pump and turned on his enteral feeds. All I had left was flushing his central line and hooking up his iv tpn (the only thing he CAN'T and SHOULDN'T try to do himself:-). I was blown away. Such a big helper and such a considerate kid. Thanks Rowan!

No comments:

Post a Comment