"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Rowan: "I wish I could take care of God"...

Driving home from the GI doctors office last night Rowan said:
"God takes such good care of me but I wish it was the other way around."
When I asked him what he meant he explained:
"You know, when you love someone so much, like you love me, you take care of them, like you take care of me. Well, I love God, but I don't know how to take care of him, and I just really wish I could."
I told him I thought the best way to take care of God was to pray, be good, and be thankful for how well he takes care of us. To which Rowan replied:
"I don't know Mommy. I know a lot about God. And I think I can find a even better way to take care of him. I'll let you know when I figure it out. For now, I'll just try to take care of you, ok? Like, let me carry all my medical bags in when we get home, all by myself, so you don't have to, Ok?"
And he insisted on doing just that... Here he is carrying all of his medical bags (and his DS) from the car to the door for me..."taking care of me". Sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment