"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Who wouldn't love their life?!

Rowan had the amazing opportunity today of playing a role in a short film. He has done multiple stage plays, but this was his first ever film shoot.  He was so excited.  He had to dye his hair and eyebrows brown, wear nerdy glasses, and was cast to depict one of the leads a young boy.  The shoot went great, the crew was so wonderful with him, and he had a blast.  He told everyone he saw today all about it.  Tonight, in a conversation with me, he blew me away again with his faith, wisdom and unbelievable sense of appreciation. 
 
 
 
 
"Mom, I love my life.  I'm so glad God gave it to me.  I know I say that a lot, but, I really, REALLY love my life."
 
"So you had a lot of fun today?""
 
"Yes! You know how sometimes I feel kinda bad that I don't get to do things that normal kids get to do.  Well, today was awesome, and I actually got to do something that even some normal kids never get to do...I was in a short film!  A movie, Mom!"
 
"You sure were hon' . What was the best part?"
 
"All of it, and I don't even know why people always ask that...'what was your favorite part?' Because, it's your LIFE!  I mean, who wouldn't love their life?  God gave it to you, so it's ALL my favorite...ALWAYS!"
 
 
Wow, just wow.  Once again, Rowan puts things in perspective.  Don't get me wrong. We were both thrilled about today's opportunity for him to be normal, and even more.  We were both so grateful to Nadine Mansour, Mark Aaron, Sylvia Lawrence, and the rest of the crew, for their casting him, working with him, and encouraging him during this shoot.  But, Rowan really humbles me, and teaches me to be better.  I love how he expresses his appreciation, not just for the folks involved with the project, but for the life God has given him. 
 
May you all appreciate your life too...and voice it.  As Rowan said "Who wouldn't love their life?"  God gave it to you:)
 

 


3 comments:

  1. What a great perspective we should all have! One I really need to work on! Thank you for that humbling story!

    ReplyDelete