"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Monday, May 19, 2014

Happy 4th Heaven Day Chrissie...Love, Rowan



May 19th is a special day.  It marks the 4th anniversary of the day Rowan's special little friend Chrissie went to heaven.  Four years ago, they spent 30 days in PICU at Methodist Children's Hospital at the same time, before he was discharged and she passed away that evening.  Rowan has a very special connection to Chrissie and her family, and he makes something special for her and goes out to visit her grave on her families ranch every year on this day.  This year was no different.  We drove to Wimberly early this morning and had another blessed moment at Chrissie's grave.  Here are some pictures, starting with a letter that he had me type for her.  Such a sweet, honest, love...


Rowan tied the letter onto the gate that surrounds Chrissie's grave... 

 
 
Then he tied a balloon there as well.
 
 
 
Next, he filled the bird feeder that he painted with bird seed,
and placed it on a little pink wrought iron table near the site.
 
We noticed that the colors he chose to paint the feeder ended up matching his
 "Boss Your Heart" Memorial T-Shirt with Chrissie's hand print exactly!  So cool.
 

 



 
 
Finally, Rowan placed a letter "C" fresh flower arrangement at the foot of her grave.
 


 
And said a special prayer for her.
 
"Dear God, I know you are taking good care of Chrissie in Heaven.
Everybody misses her, but I know that you can heal everyone.
I hope her Mommy and Daddy like what I brought for her today.
Amen."








 
It was such a sweet moment to witness as Rowan blew Chrissie another kiss goodbye.
He takes great joy in leaving her these heartfelt gifts.
 
Just look at these tiny precious hands as they paint and sign and decorate
presents for his friend in heaven...humbling...

















 
Love and miss you Chrissie!

 
Thinking of the entire Patterson family today and always.
May you see Chrissie in all things beautiful throughout your day.
 
Love,
Rowan
 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've commented on your blog before but I have prayed for Rowan after hearing about him via the Patterson's blog when Chrissie was in the hospital for her surgery. I just wanted to tell Rowan that he too is very special and his gifts to princess Chrissie are beautiful and heartfelt! I know she will love them and I think it's so sweet they have such a connection! What a precious boy you have! God Bless you both! Lori

    ReplyDelete