"Our Little Trooper"

"Our Little Trooper"
"Let me live, that I may praise you!" Psalm 119:175

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sweet considerate Rowan...and precious puppy Mr. Trousers are gonna take care of each other now.

So, Rowan finally got the puppy God promised him. "Mr. Maxwell Trousers Joy Navidad" flew in from Utah Sunday afternoon and is settling in here at our house. You may know or remember that Rowan informed us about a month or so before Christmas this year that God had asked him if he wanted a puppy and that he had told God yes. We asked him, "You mean you asked God for a puppy?" to which he quickly explained again, "No, God asked ME". Knowing we couldn't tell God no, we started our search for a new bull mastiff puppy (Harley, our former mastiff died about a year ago and Rowan and Ian have wanted another one ever since). Unfortunately I couldn't find any good local breeders, and no mastiff puppies that would be ready by Christmas. I finally found a great breeder in Utah though, who had a litter due before Christmas, so we decided that would have to do. They sent us video footage so we could show Rowan and Ian the puppy on Christmas morning. Well, Rowan got very sick and started going into septic shock Christmas morning, so he wasn't quite as excited about it as we had hoped. He cried and laid down on the floor asking me to take him to the hospital, just minutes after we showed him the video. The past 2 months, while the puppy was getting old enough to travel away from his Momma, Rowan has eagerly been awaiting his puppy, Mr. Trousers. He and Ian had a paper chain going and were pulling one link off a day for nearly 2 months. Sunday was the big day, and we all finally got to meet Mr. Trousers in person. He is GORGEOUS and such a sweet thing! Here are some pictures of the newest member of our family.









Last night, just his second night here in Texas, while I was putting him in his crate to go to sleep for the night, Mr. Trousers started whining and crying. Rowan got very sad and suddenly started crying himself and said, "Mom, I thought God wanted me to have him, but you can send him back." I was shocked and asked why. Rowan tearfully said "I feel bad I stole him from his Mommy in Utah. That's why he's crying. He misses her." I explained to him that he just had to get used to sleeping in there alone and that the owners couldn't keep all the puppies anyway, so Mr. Trousers NEEDED a family and NEEDED us. I left the room for a few minutes and Rowan was laying down making little puppy noises toward the dog's crate and he looked up at me and said "I'm learning how to talk to him. He wants to know why I'm attached to so many things." I asked Rowan what he told him and he said "I told him it's ok, I just HAVE to be. I told him it keeps me healthy and alive. Now he doesn't feel bad for me and I don't feel bad for him. We're gonna take care of each other!"

God bless this kid! And thank you God for asking Rowan if he wanted a puppy:-)

1 comment:

  1. What adorable puppy, and as always - sweet little Rowan. My thoughts and prayers are for him, and my thanks to God for this little boy. He is such a gift.

    ReplyDelete